The entrance to a home in Feng Shui is known as the 'Mouth of Chi' This is where all the positive and nourishing energy enters and so it is a very important in Feng Shui to be mindful of this.
5 top tips
1. Keep clutter free, the door should be able to open into a clear space which is inviting. Beautifully placed artwork which is uplifting, good lighting and a mirror placed on the wall that your door opens to is ideal.
2. If you have a staircase directly facing the front door, you need to slow the Chi down. This can be done with artwork, plants and colourful objects. A wind chime can be placed between the front door and stairs.
3. Mirrors in Feng Shui are very important. Do not have a mirror directly facing the front door as the mirror here will push away all the good Feng Shui energy back out.
4. If you can see the back door from the entrance, the chi needs to be slowed down. This can be done in a number of ways: by positioning plants, placing a folding door to create a separate space, place a round table with a vase brightly coloured flowers or a tall plant at the back door.
5. If you have a bathroom or toilet opposite the entrance, make sure the toilet lid is always down, the door is shut and create a focal point such as a round table with flowers to draw the energy away from the bathroom. These basic space clearing tips will help keeping the balance in your home.